Aug 18-30 from 11am to 5pm. Tel. 01423 780688
‘Gems of Brimham’. This exhibition captures the essence of what makes Brimham so special and encourages people to look with new eyes at what seemed so ordinary before. How many different colours can you see in the millstone grit? Have you spotted all the different lichens?
Aug 26-27 from 10am to 5:30pm Tel 01423 780688 email@example.com
Gain an insight into how Alice’s jewellery collections have developed, see how she creates her pieces and discover her new collection which will be available to buy from her newly built studio and gallery.
30. Broadbelt Hall Glasshouses, HG3 5QY
Arts and Crafts by local artists including
• Margaret Vallely – Celtiquilt
• Penny Riley-Smith – Textiles and glass in Glasshouses – Kiln fired and stained glass
• Dayna Cowper – Local photography
• Gill Kirk – Prints
With fairtrade stall and refreshments.
Margaret Clapperton: Painter and Printmaker
Aug 24-28 from 12 noon to 5pm. Tel 01423 780921.
Painter and printmaker.
Paintings in a variety of media, printmaking and cards.
See also the waterwheel and some of the old machinery.
32. Summerbridge Methodist Church, HG3 4JH
‘Art and Soul’ A celebration of creativity
Aug 24-28 from 2pm to 5pm. Tel 01423 771996
Artworks produced by children and adults from our church family.
Come and help us create our “Nidderdale Mosaic” from 2pm to 5pm on Friday and Saturday,.
• Lynn & Sam Cook – Paintings
• Nathanael & Rachel Ferneley – Textiles & paintings
• Jackie Galloway -Textiles
• Justin Grimaldi – Mixed media paintings
• Rowland Wilkinson – Wood turning
• Ann Kent – Sugar craft
Aug 18-19 from 11am to 5pm. Tel Ann Kent 01423 780495.
Disabled access and toilet facilities. Refreshments from Royal Oak.
34. Hollins Hall – Studio at the rear, Hampsthwaite HG3 2GL
• John Exley – retired architect, paints in various media, experiments with expression and form in colour and movement.
• Margaret Hockney (David’s sister)- computer art using scanner and various natural objects to create composition of different forms.
• Elaine Malkin – needlework, mainly on canvas, playing with shape, colour and texture.
• Jean Millward – floral painter
Stanger Moore Forge and Studio, Nidd House Farm
Please ring 07715 510018 to check availability of appointment/visit.
Metal sculptor and artisan blacksmith. Working to commission and producing work of the highest standard. Disabled access and toilet on site.
Aug 18-28 from 10am to 4pm.
A charity providing students (all adults with learning disabilities) with training in horticulture. Host to ad-hoc art exhibitions. Gardens, tea room and shop are open every day.
37. Blubberhouses Church (St Andrews), Church Hill, off A59, LS21 2NU
Aug 19-20 & 26-28 from 11am to 4pm.
• Jane Carlisle Bellerby: Silk and Mixed Media Art
Exploring our interaction with landscape and ‘green health’. Original art, cards and information about Fishpond Wood Art/Walking Trail development.. www.janecarlislesilkart.co.uk
Paul’s evocative photographs taken within a few miles of St Andrew’s Church showcase the beauty of the Washburn Valley and its surrounds. bowerdale.co.uk
• Other artists
Park below the church in Fewston Reservoir car park on A59 and walk up the hill.
Space for disable car by the church.